THE STEAD SCHOOL AT REUNION
Experiential learning for science, technology, environment, agriculture and design
THE STEAD SCHOOL PHILOSOPHY
IN EVERYTHING WE DO, WE BELIEVE:
A reimagining of education for the high school-aged student.
Colorado stands as a preeminent leader to have the first fully integrated Nextgen Agriculture Secondary School focused on preparing young adults how to engage in and solve complex global food, health, energy, and environmental issues.
Students can create and construct realities that have yet to exist.
Our students are the next leaders in the fields of agriculture, science, policy and business industries across food, health, energy, and the environment.
THE WAY WE REIMAGINE EDUCATION BY:
- Educating differently, using Project Based Learning as our guide. We educate the intellect through the use of hands-on materials, interdependent project, cooperative learning, individualized lessons, internships, and community service.
- Empowering students to design and lead their own college and career pathways.
Providing STEAD career and post-secondary educational pathways for the next generation of passionate and visionary Colorado leaders across business, civic, science, health, energy, and natural resource industries, bridging rural, urban, and suburban divides.
Creating a community of study that is inquisitive, relevant, and focuses on both the academic and social emotional health of community members.
IN ALL WE DO, WE ARE:
- The STEAD School, a Science, Technology, Environmental, Agricultural, and systems Design High School focused on solving global food, health, energy, and environmental issues.
- Ready for the future, with professional portfolios, post-secondary plans, college credit, and robust work and community service experiences.
- Explorers, collaborators, and stewards of our environment.
- A pipeline of Colorado innovators, entrepreneurs, civic leaders, and future scientists who are focused on solving the world’s complex issues in biomedicine, food and water security, agricultural sciences, renewable energies, and more.
STEAD SCHOOL FOUNDING BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Amy Schwartz, Chair